Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Getting Our Ducks in a Row

Sisterhood Kick-off 2015-2016



Dear ladies of the board, I’m trying to get all of our ducks in a row.

A reminder of our mission:
The Purpose of Sisterhood shall be to promote the welfare of Congregation Ohev Sholom, support the religious education of our children, and create a caring community of women devoted to the promotion of Jewish identity, education and continuity.

I have mapped out meeting dates for the upcoming year(all Thursdays at 7 PM).
July 9
August 13
September 10
October 8
November 12
December 10
January 14
February 11
March 10
April 14
May – Yom HaAtzmaut 2016 begins in the evening of Wednesday, May 11 and ends in the evening of Thursday, May 12. The community celebration is not decided yet. We’ll determine this date later in the year
We can decide on locations at our July meeting at my house. Anyone that wants to come early for a swim is welcome!

In lieu of a meeting in June, I’d like to meet with each member of the executive board this month. I've uploaded all of the Board Member responsibilities onto “Basecamp” www.basecamp.com/... you should have received an email. I will be using the blog and Basecamp for most of my information; so, let me know if you are having trouble with either. Look the material over and let me know if you have any questions.

My goals, aside from our mission, are to:
Encourage new women and younger women to get involved
Plan and offer events that are not too taxing on the those involved
Have fun

The urgent goal is for Programming and Fundraising to finalizing their ideas for next year’s programs so Barb can work on flyers. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please share!

Please contact me to schedule a meeting. I work at the JCC, so meetings here during the day are great for me, if you’re able; if not, we’ll work out another time.

Shalom,
Terri =]

No comments:

Post a Comment