Friday, July 24, 2015

Take the Time




Time is passing us by… tick-tock, tick-tock. We have people and projects and promises demanding our time. Where does time fly? Do we have time to spare or are we in a time crunch… tick-tock, tick-tock.

Time itself is not the problem, but it is the demands that we place on time. We try to come up with ingenious ways to keep track of time. Remember back when we used to use Day-Timer organizers, those spiral bound books where you could shove all your notes? Today everything is on our phones. You need something done – there’s an ‘App’ for that! I still like to see my time displayed on little boxes on a calendar. The problem is, did I write that on my work calendar, my Google calendar, my family calendar on the fridge or on my paper calendar that I carry around with me? 

Many of us on the board are trying to beat the clock, but time is running out. I hate to be marking time, but I remember when I had time to spare. Programs are in the works and setting dates isn’t easy because everyone else is stealing your time!

Then I notice that Women's League of Conservative Judaism is offering online classes, some which look like they could be useful. Where do I find the time?

Distance Workshop Schedule for 2015-2016
We have to remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day. Why do we even say that, because didn’t Rome fall anyway? So, it took a lot of time to build a civilization and then it collapsed anyway. I diverge, and I don’t want to waste your time! 

I, seriously, wanted to take this time to thank all of the people spinning their wheels to help figure out programming for next year. Now, as Shabbat nears, we need to spend time thinking about what is really important. On this solemn weekend of Tisha B'Av, we remember times when we questioned our very existence. May you find meaning this weekend in whatever you decide to spend time doing.

Shabbat Shalom,
Terri =]

No comments:

Post a Comment